How to enter
Entries to the Impact Awards 2013 are now closed
Click here for judging criteria and further guidance
- The Impact Awards recognise and celebrate the process of transferring knowledge, expertise and intellectually linked assets beyond higher education institutions, charities and public sector research establishments for the wider benefit of the economy and society, through two-way engagement with business, the public sector, cultural and community partners.
- An Impact Award will be presented to the project team or individual (KT Professional of the Year) where the entry best demonstrates how the award criteria have been met. Team-based submissions must include a representative from the technology/knowledge transfer function. Project teams may include members from research, public sector, spin-outs or start-ups, or collaborators from business. Please ensure that the projectís nomination has been approved by those with a vested interest and doesn't disclose confidential information.
- Shortlisted entries (Business Impact - Aspiring, Business Impact - Achieved and Collaborative Impact) will be required to prepare a poster for display at the PraxisUnico conference (taking place in Nottingham on 13-14 June 2013). Instructions will be provided to shortlisted projects. This will not form part of the judging process.
- The KT Professional of the Year award is an individual award, the nominated individual should have less than 5 years experience in the KT profession.† Please note that this award is not designed for KTP Associates, or similar staff engaged for the development of a single technology arising from academic research.
- Successful entries will be judged against the award criteria for each category and in all cases will have made a compelling case for impact.
- The same project may be entered into more than one award category.
- Marketing material will not be accepted as project entries.
- The Impact Awards judging panel comprises leaders from the fields of science, innovation and technology.† The judges' decision will be final.†
- Shortlisted entries will be widely publicised from 21 May 2013. Should your entry be shortlisted, we may contact you to supply additional imagery to support your entry profile.
- Winners will be announced during the PraxisUnico Impact Awards ceremony held at the PraxisUnico, Conference Gala Dinner in Nottingham on the evening of Thursday 13 June 2013.
Enter for the KT Professional of the Year award