How to enter
The Impact Awards 2014 entry guidance and judging criteria
Please click here for judging criteria
- The Impact Awards recognise and celebrate the process of transferring knowledge, expertise and intellectually linked assets beyond higher education institutions, charities and public sector research establishments for the wider benefit of the economy and society, through two-way engagement with business, the public sector, cultural and community partners.
- An Impact Award will be presented to the project team where the entry best demonstrates how the award criteria have been met. Submissions must include a representative from the technology/knowledge transfer function. Project teams may include members from research, public sector, spin-outs or start-ups, or collaborators from business. Please ensure that the projectís nomination has been approved by those with a vested interest and doesn't disclose confidential information.
- Successful entries will be judged against the judging criteria for each category and in all cases will have made a compelling case for impact.
- The same project may be entered into more than one award category.
- Marketing material will not be accepted as project entries.
- The Impact Awards judging panel comprises leaders from the fields of science, innovation and technology.† The judges' decision will be final.†
- Shortlisted entries in all categories will be required to provide a poster for display at the PraxisUnico conference (Cardiff, 12-13 June 2014). Instructions will be provided to shortlisted projects. This will not form part of the judging process. Projects may enter their poster(s) into theconference poster competition, entry is not automatic.
- Shortlisted entries will be widely publicised from mid-May 2014. Should your entry be shortlisted, we will contact you to supply additional imagery (where there is no commercial sensitivity) to support your entry profile - such as existing good quality stills images, graphic charts, CAD, art work and technical animations.
- Winners will be announced during the PraxisUnico Impact Awards ceremony held at the PraxisUnico, Conference Gala Dinner in Cardiff on the evening of Thursday 12 June 2014. Shortlisted entries can attend the awards evening for a discounted rate of £95pp.