Why enter The Impact Awards
The Impact Awards recognise those teams, and individuals, that have produced outstanding impact through successful knowledge transfer.
What are The Impact Awards?
The Impact Awards recognise and celebrate the process of transferring knowledge, expertise and intellectually linked assets from beyond higher education, charities and public sector research establishments for the wider benefit of society and economy, through two-way engagement with business, the public sector, cultural and community partners.
What’s in it for me/my team?
If your team is shortlisted (or you, for the KT Professional of the Year Award) we will publicise this news widely. News will be distributed to the PraxisUnico membership which includes senior-level representatives from academia and industry. News will also be circulated to:
- business, education, innovation and technology media
- government stakeholders
- research councils and learned societies
Finalists will gain exposure from this publicity and have the opportunity to network with peers, and major drivers and influencers from within the technology/knowledge transfer arena at the PraxisUnico annual conference Gala Dinner, Nottingham*.
* Tickets to The Impact Awards Ceremony and Gala Dinner are available to purchase. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Who can enter The Impact Awards?
We encourage entries in the categories of Business Impact (Achieved or Aspiring) and Collaboration Impact from any team that can demonstrate:
- the project outcome achieved business (achieved or aspiring) or collaboration impact
- knowledge transfer activities were pivotal in the commercialisation process
- All entries must include a member from the technology/knowledge transfer function of the academic institution or research establishment.
- The team may include members from research, public sector, spin-out, start-ups companies, or collaborators from business. The only condition being that the team must include at least one member from the technology/knowledge transfer function. Teams may self nominate, or (with appropriate permission) be nominated by their colleagues.
Additionally, we encourage individual entries for the KT Professional of the Year award. This award is for an individual who is relatively new to KT, although their previous experience may lie elsewhere. The award recognises outstanding personal effort which has led to a particular achievement or has significantly contributed to one or more successful knowledge transfer projects can be demonstrated. Individuals may be nominated by colleagues, or self nominate.
What are the categories of The Impact Awards?
The awards celebrate the partnerships between higher education and beyond and the process of transferring knowledge and expertise across boundaries. The Impact Award categories are:
- Business Impact Award - Achieved click here for more information
- Business Impact Award - Aspiring click here for more information
- Collaborative Impact Award click here for more information
- KT Professional of the Year Award click here for more information
Who will win The Impact Awards?
An Impact Award will be presented to the project team, or individual (as in the KT Professional of the Year award) that best demonstrates how it has met the entry criteria. The team must include a representative from the technology/knowledge transfer function. Teams may include, for example members from research, public policy or public services, spin-out or start-up companies, or collaborators from business.
Who judges The Impact Awards?
The Impact Awards judges’ panel will be chaired by Professor Sir Timothy Wilson and comprises leaders from the fields of science, innovation and technology.
Why are The Impact Awards different?
Other 'impact' awards celebrate technology innovation. The Impact Awards aim to recognise the range of activities (knowledge transfer) that help to identify the commercial applications of research and which stimulate innovation. Entries are encouraged that have had impact on environmental, business or public policy and service sectors.
How are The Impact Awards received?
Winners will be announced during The Impact Awards Ceremony, to be held at the PraxisUnico Conference Gala Dinner in Nottingham on the evening of Thursday 13th June 2013.
If you’d like to attend the Gala Dinner, there are tickets available for The Impact Award entrants, please contact us at email@example.com.
Non-members are also welcome to attend the PraxisUnico Conference, Nottingham 13 - 14 June 2013. Click here to register for the conference.
Submit your entry now!
To enter, click here